We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace
It’s why we come to work. It’s why we’re in business. It’s how we inspire exceptional performance.
Back in 1883, Sunlight Soap was launched in the UK by our founder – it was pioneering, it was innovative and it had a purpose: to popularise cleanliness and bring it within reach of ordinary people. That was sustainable living, even then. We now have over 400 brands and we are still driven by purpose.
We want to do more good for our planet and our society – not just less harm. We want to act on the social and environmental issues facing the world and we want to enhance people’s lives with our products.
We’ve been pioneers, innovators and future-makers for over 120 years – we plan to continue doing that. And we plan to do it sustainably.
- 190 + countries where our brands are available
- 3.4 billion people use our products every day
- € 52.4 billion turnover 2020: €50.7 bn
- 4.5 % underlying sales growth 2020: 1.9%
- Great purposeful brands
- 400+ brands on a mission to offer superior products while doing good for people and planet
- 13 brands with sales of over € 1 billion in 2021
- 13 are Unilever brands in Kantar’s top 50
- 148,000 people working in factories, labs, offices and homes around the world
- 50+ markets where we are the number one employer of choice for graduates and early career talent
- 52/48 gender balance management (female/male)
- 92 % of our leaders are local to their market
- €445m spend with diverse businesses owned by under-represented groups.
- -64 % reduction in our operational GHG emissions since 2015
- 79 % proportion of key agricultural crops sustainably sourced
- 53 % percentage of our plastic packaging that is reusable, recyclable or compostable
- 9 / 10 Our products are in 9 out of 10 Filipino homes
- 90+ years A global company with local heritage
- #1 Leading employer of choice
- 100M+ Making sustainable living commonplace for the 100M Filipinos we serve
Unilever in the Philippines
Since inception of one of our first brands, Sunlight soap, during a time where poverty and poor sanitation plagued early societies, Unilever’s founders revolutionized hygiene by employing locals to produce low-cost packaged soap. Ensuring accessibility while providing livelihood, this set a precedent for a purpose-driven business that has spanned generations.
The almost-century old company in the Philippines has since manufactured and distributed well-loved household brands such as Dove, Knorr, Surf, and many more, placing us in a position of both opportunity and responsibility to influence change for the society and the environment.
The company has forged a culture of Malasakit (genuine concern for others) and strongly champions Diversity and Inclusion. Unilever actively engages its employees to Win with Purpose and firmly believes that when products meet social needs and help people live sustainably, brands become more relevant to consumers.
Unilever Philippines upholds the legacy of a business built on sustainability and that has deemed them worthy to receive recognition from Asia Corporate Excellence & Sustainability Awards as one of Asia’s Top Green Companies, ASIA CEO Awards as a Top CSR Company of the Year and the HR Asia Awards 2018 as among the Best Companies to Work for in Asia.
Unilever Philippines forms part of a global network committed to making Sustainability commonplace. This is Winning with Purpose—key to this is a shared belief that what is good for the people and the planet is good for business.