brightFuture: Inspiring action around the world
Unilever brightFuture is a platform that helps unite and amplify the efforts of a growing community of people who believe it is possible to build a world where everyone lives well and lives sustainably, and who recognise we can only achieve this if we all work together to do small actions every day that make a real difference.
We believe there has never been a better time to create a better future for our children: a world where everyone has enough food to eat and no child goes to bed hungry. Where every child lives to their fifth birthday and has the right to a happy childhood. Where every home has enough water to drink and to wash, cook and clean, and where everybody can enjoy life today while protecting the planet for future generations.
Launched in November 2013 under the original name: Project Sunlight, Unilever brightFuture has already made a positive contribution to the lives of millions around the world. Having experienced an overwhelming amount of support, with people and communities embracing the bright future spirit, the Project Sunlight platform was renamed Unilever brightFuture in April 2015.
We have had many proud moments along the way:
- We’ve helped 2 million children across the world, through Unilever's ongoing partnership with Save the Children, UNICEF and the World Food Programme.
- We provided half a million meals in the UK in partnership with Oxfam through the campaign #ClearAPlate.
- In the US, we’ve been working with Free The Children for We Day, celebrating the accomplishments of thousands of inspiring young people.
- We reached 20 thousand children in over 100 schools in Indonesia with hygiene education programs and sanitation facilities.
- In India, together with our NGO partners, we are helping over 115 million people through health and sanitation programs.
- In Brazil, we are committed to help more than 1 billion people to improvetheir health and hygiene conditions.
Join us in amplifying the efforts of those who share the belief that the time for action is now.